“Why to spend a week over a book, when a three-hour movie does the task? Why to try hard at a journal, when the same issues are flashed on the news channels?”
If your mind poses the same questions, then this column is just meant for you.
Even though technological advances have hijacked our interests, reading still holds immense significance in the process of learning as it shapes the optimistic ideals and attitude, and analytical skills. Apart from serving as a good source of recreation, it also helps in stress reduction by deporting one to other domains and draining away tensions. When we come to newspapers, magazines etc., reading offers a vast reservoir of knowledge. Among others, it stands as one of the best ways of vocabulary improvement.
So if you are convinced of the magic that reading possess, then go through the following steps that will help you cultivate your reading skills.
- First of all, don’t let it look like a duty. As long it is an errand for you, half of the things wouldn’t interest you, and the rest half you wouldn’t comprehend.
- Start with short articles, stories etc. If you’ll pick up the longer and complex ones then you are certain to lose interest after a stage.
- You can also go through the current issues. The advantage is that you can well relate them to your discussion with friends on that topic or news headlines on the channels.
- Once you are all set to ‘’read’’, find the realms of your interest and here’s when you shoulder the onus of reading novels and long articles.
- Carry a book/magazine/journal with you. You will not even get to know when reading becomes your passion.
So don’t let your daily reading stuff refer only to Facebook posts, Whatsapp messages or tweets and get ready to dive deep into the world of ‘’reading’’.
Ist Year Economics
DAUAT RAM COLLEGE
1,399 total views, 2 views today